We love to see what delicious meals and recipes our customers have made with their fresh meat and produce ordered from our website. Here we're sharing some of our favourites, with some great recipes for you to try at home.
Beef and broccoli
Chinese style beef and broccoli
Ingredients: Beef 300g, broccoli - half floret, 2 cloves garlic-finely diced , 1inch ginger-finely sliced , 1 onion cut in cubes, sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, corn flour, 1/4 tablespoon white pepper, salt to taste.
1. Tenderise the beef using a mallet and marinate with 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 1 tablespoon corn flour. Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours. Keep it at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat the wok/pan and add one tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the beef and stir it for 1 minute at high heat.
3. Add cut onions, chopped garlic, sliced ginger, white pepper, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and stir for a minute at medium heat. Add a glass of water and cook the beef until tender.
4. Add little salt to boiling water and blanch the broccoli florets.
5. Once the beef is tender (don't let it dry), add the blanced broccoli and stir well with the sauce in the wok.
6. Mix a tablespoon of corn flour in half a glass of water and pour it in the wok for the sauce to thicken. Add salt to taste.
7. Keep stiring for a minute in medium heat. Remove from heat and serve.
Stir fry beef and mushrooms
Stir fried beef skirt with chestnut mushrooms
Ingredients: Beef skirt(300g), Chestnut mushrooms(6-medium size), 1 onion, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, Light Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon corn flour, black pepper, salt.
1. Cut beef skirt into thin strips (cut against the grain)
2. Marinate the beef with 1 table spoon soy sauce and corn flour. Leave it the fridge for 2 hours. Keep the beef at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking.
3. Slice the mushrooms and onions.
4. Heat a wok/pan and add sesame oil. Add beef strips to the very hot wok and keep stiring for few minutes- until beef is cooked. The wok/pan temperature is important.
5. Add sliced onions and mushrooms and stir for couple of minutes, add little soy sauce, black pepper and salt to taste.
6. After a minute, remove from heat and serve.
Home made raw milk kefir!
Kimbers delicious raw milk is at the heart of this simple but potent brew! Works wonders for gut flora and the unpasteurised milk is full of fat soluble vitamins and enzymes too.
Small jar plus kefir grains, left over night in a dark cupboard or for a couple of days on the fridge. Great to drink as is or add to a smoothie to give it some real punch!
Old Spot Back Bacon
Bacon, egg, tomatoes, potato cakes, haggis, brown sauce
Pork belly with mash
Rack of lamb
Rack of lamb with garlic, parsley and pistachio crust
Veal chop with brandy and peppercorn sauce
Veal Chop Fried
Risotto alla Milanese con Osso buco
Slow cooked veal osso buco in beef stock with yellow saffron flavoured risotto
4 veal osso buco
1 bag beef stock (M&S good)
Added flavouring - carrot, celery, onion,garlic
75g risotto rice per person (riso carnaroli is best)
11/2 water 2 veg stock cubes 2 sachets saffron powder or 10 strands
I small bottle white wine
1 large banana shallot
2 large gloves garlic
Parsley garlic lemon rind
1 Add roughly chopped carrot, celery, onion
and garlic to beef stock and gently simmer
for 20 mins
2. Coat veal in seasoned flour.
3. Brown coated veal on each side in olive
4. Add beef stock so veal is almost
5. Gently cook on hob with lid on for 2
6. If necessary at any time add more stock.
1. Add stock cubes and saffron to water and
2. Finely chop onions and crush garlic.
3. Add oil to pan (and butter if you like) and
gently sauté onion.
4. Add rice and stir to cost rice with oil.
5. Add wine and increase heat and stir until
wine has reduced completely. Add garlic.
6. Add a ladle of stock at a time, stir until all
stock has evaporated then add more.
7. Cook for 20- 25 mins. (Depends on the
make of rice).
8. When rice is cooked add grated Parmesan
and stir to get a creamy texture.
9. Leave to sit for 2 minutes with lid on.
1. Finely chop parsley and garlic.
2. Grate lemon rind and mix with above..
1. Put risotto in a bowl
2. Place osso buco on top.
3. Add meat stock.
4. Sprinkle gremolata on top of meat.
Natural colour rind on Raw milk Gouda
Great development of natural colour on Gouda rind at around 6 weeks age.
Asher- Art of Natural Cheesemaking (Gouda)
Surprise house warming gift
Breakfast fit for a king
Marinated Pheasant Breast with Pickled Blackberries
Tender and juicy pheasant breasts marinated in rapeseed, mustard and thyme. Lightly pickled blackberries, creamy celeriac puree, olive oil roasted potato slices.
Marinate the breasts in herb infused rapeseeed (or add your own herbs!) with a sprig of fresh thyme, overnight if possible. On the day, take out of marinade and fry very quickly over high heat until golden brown on the outside. Place in oven at 180 celsius (fan) for five minutes. Rest for five minutes before serving.
Pickled blackberries: Add 100g caster sugar and 150ml red wine vinegar with a bay leaf and half tablespoon whole peppercorns (pink or black) to a saucepan and dissolve sugar. Let cool. Pop 200g blackberries in and leave for at least an hour before using.
For the roasted potatoes, slice to desired thickness with skin on and toss in olive oil with sea salt and white pepper. Roast in oven until desired level of crispiness.
For the celeriac, peel and cube, boil until soft, then blitz with a little double cream until smooth.
to serve the breasts, you can use as much of the pickling juice as you wish to join the pickled blackberries or serve it on the side for people to choose how much they want with the blackberries.
Tomahawk Steak with Peppercorn Sauce by Kerry and Marek
Kimber's Farm Tomahawk Steak, seared and finished in the oven with a brandy cream peppercorn sauce.
Take one Kimber's Farm Tomahawk Steak, pat dry and leave to reach room temperature. Rub with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place on a super hot griddle pan and sear on all sides and transfer to a preheated oven about 200°c. Cook until internal temp is 55-60°c for a post resting temp of 60-65°c for medium rare. On removing from the oven, top with a generous know of butter and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 5-10mins before slicing.
Fir the peppercorn sauce - Gently heat some course ground peppercorns in a little butter, as much or as little to your taste. Add a slosh of brandy, again to your personal preference and allow the alcohol to cook off a little. Add some good quality beef stock and reduce a little to intensify. Turn down heat and whisk in some double cream. Amount dependingon how creamy you like your sauce! (I can recommend Polish sour cream as an alternative to double cream!)
Serve and enjoy!
Special dinner for 2
Gremolata was a delicious finishing touch to the beautiful meat and the superb risotto Milanese
Ossobuco alla Milanese
Very tasty birthday breakfast
I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday and it was delicious. Would highly recommend!
Marinated, slow cooked pork belly used for a ramen topping
Marinate overnight in soy sauce, Mirin and water (I added honey and garlic too), then cook at 130 for 3 hours (rind down, in the marinade), before flipping and cooking for 1 additional hour. Before serving, slice and grill at 200 for 5 minutes or so. Also had to trim off the spare ribs, which made excellent slow cooked barbecue ribs!